MEAT AND POULTRY
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric powder
- Coriander to taste (1/2 tsp is starting point)
- Cumin to taste (1/2 tsp; optional)
- 1-2 tsp plain yogurt
- Chili powder to taste (can be cayenne, ground red pepper, etc.)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lb of fresh chicken (sliced, diced or shredded... your choice)
Mix the above ingredients making sure to thoroughly coat the chicken. You
may want to add a little bit of oil to facilitate coating the chicken. Allow to
marinate for approximately two hours.
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
Add enough oil to a skillet to fry the garlic and onion. Add 1/2 tsp of
sugar and allow it to caramalize over medium heat. Add garlic and fry until
golden brown, then add onion and fry until tender.
Place the marinated
chicken in the garlic/onion mixture and fry it over low heat (do not add any
more oil). Cover it and allow it to fry until done. Stir occasionally.
When chicken is done, grate about a tsp of fresh cinnamon over it and serve
immediately over a bed of steamed rice.